PDA

View Full Version : Dosing Additives BioCube

saycheessee
01/16/2007, 11:14 AM
I have a BioCube 29g and just wanted to know how everyone doses their tanks. Do you use the 2 part additives or do you use individual chemicals everyday to dose? How often do you dose? ever day or by means of a doser.. if you use a doser... which one do you use?

I personally am using a 2 part dose but just wanted to know if this is best or not. And... I hand dose mine each day. I need a doser and a easier way to keep my tank up.

saycheessee
01/16/2007, 08:43 PM
No one uses the 2 part nano reef by Kent?? Or do you just do regular water changes with no dosing??

gkelly
01/16/2007, 08:53 PM
I've been using the SeaChem ReefCarbonate and ReefComplate. As soon as it's gone I plan to start making my own using Randy's recipe from the chemistry forum.

Just started doing all makeup water with Kalkwasser this weekend. So I'm not quite sure what it will work out to.

Other than cost I've been pretty happy with SeaChem.

Jasonf08
01/16/2007, 09:20 PM
I have the same tank you have. & so far i have found the best results with b-ionic 2 part. Its real easy to use. Until my calcium usage gets up there i'll use b-ionic then switch over to Randy's recipie. Luckily im not there yet. If i was i would be using the reefdoser to keep the levels constant.