PDA

View Full Version : Thinking about moving

lusenut2
01/15/2007, 10:39 AM
Hey everyone, im thinking about moving up to Chattanooga later this year or this time next year. I have a few questions though. Is this forum normally this slow or is there just not a lot of people in this area big into reefs? Also how are the stores up there? Are they helpfull or just wanting to sell there product? Thanks for your help.

Chad

ironman2
01/15/2007, 11:23 PM
hey chad, great to see you moving to this area. We are a active club but have our own forrum. we use reef central sometimes but our daily conversations are on livingreefs. com. There are a couple of decent local stores that keep corals and fish. about half the club buys there corals from these local stores. the other half of us collect the more rare corals and are forced to buy from the internet. however there are 3 very nice fish stores in Atlanta GA which is only a hour drive if you like the more rare SPS and LPS. Alot of us trade around locally to, there is a large assortment of corals between us all, from rare Acros to Acans and micros down to the softies. So no matter what level hobbiest or what type of tank you keep you will fit right in. We meet once a month at someones house and enjoy discussing what is going on with peoples tanks. Once a year we host a Frag swap which is really alot of fun.
If you get a chance to come to town before you move email me and id be happy to meet you and show you around town.
If you need anything let us know. By the way we normally dont monitor this forrum so please post on our other forrum. thanks
ill pm you my email.
Bryan

bkv1997
01/16/2007, 09:12 PM
Yea pretty much with what iron said...

I check here for posts about once a week.

lusenut2
01/17/2007, 11:32 AM
I went to livingreefs.com. its a little different i have to get used to it.

bkv1997
01/19/2007, 09:03 PM
different... the site of the people?

lusenut2
01/22/2007, 09:30 AM
No just the way its set up.