PDA

View Full Version : Mushrooms cutting them?

geoffgarcia
07/25/2002, 09:36 AM
I dont' know where I heard this...but...
Someone said if you cut a shroom in half each will become a regular looking shroom within a week or two?

Is this a way to propogate mushrooms?
I have 4 unattached shrooms that are about 2-3" in diameter and I'm wondering what to do with them....
I'd like to mulitply them!

reefinready
07/25/2002, 10:58 AM
I have cut several mushrooms up in four pieces with scissors and they have grown bavk nicely and multiplied with in the month. i have also heard you can even blend them but never had the nerve to try it.

puma
07/25/2002, 11:07 AM
Hi

I am actually propagating these beauties and i can say :

_ Cut them in any way you like but after that, desifection must be necesary to prevent infections by bacterias.

- Some genera are dificult to cut, like some Ricordea sp and others

- Current inducent laceration of pedal disc works pretty good with discosoma and Actinodiscus and most comun ricordea.

- Remenber, dont mix the cuts and put them in a place with low current until they heal.

Be well:smokin:

Dont be afraid tu cut them, but check your water quality firts.

montourgirl
08/02/2002, 01:03 AM
I read the blender post somewhere here. I don't think that worked well!

reefinready
08/02/2002, 09:09 AM
even if it did work i dont know if i could have the heart to do it. thanx

Heavenly Damsel
08/03/2002, 08:01 PM
I read the blender post on SWF.com. Who in their right mind would blenderize a mushroom and throw the stuff into the tank? You would have mushrooms all over the place.

On second thought read the thread by the fellow wanting methods to rid his tank of mushrooms...maybe he is the blender guy! LOL