PDA

View Full Version : Spokane Frag Swap

kevinpo
07/25/2002, 08:56 AM
I will be hosting a BBQ and frag swap on Sat & Sun. Either the weekend of Aug. 10th or Aug. 17th (it's currently looking like Aug 17th has the most people voting for it). I will supply the hamburgers, hot dogs, potato, and macaroni salads. You will need to bring snack foods and drinks. Also I can sleep about 15 people easily (the Hilton it's not). I have couches, cots, 1 guest bedroom, and plenty of carpet space :D but you will need to bring your own sleeping bag.

Sat. afternoon will be the BBQ. I have 2 large decks off the back of the house and a large backyard. Expect beer drinking and story swapping :) not necessarily in that order. There will also be volleyball and croquet. For those with a long drive Sunday will be frag/coral swapping, selling, clipping, mounting, etc. day. For locals swapping can be done Sat. afternoon also.

Hope to see you there,
Kevin
PS: You don't have to be a member to attend.

Mojoreef
07/25/2002, 09:37 AM
Hey Kevin sounds great I am dieing to see you tank up close and personal. I will be a last minute type of guy as work rules my life. Hope to be able to come and see ya soon.

Mike

Mushroom Boy
07/25/2002, 05:06 PM
Expect beer drinking and story swapping not necessarily in that order.
Yeah, right, that's exactly the order it's going to be :beer: :beer: :beer:

I'm sorry I won't be able to make it. Have a great time everybody!!!!

kevinpo
07/31/2002, 10:57 AM
The date's been set for Aug. 17th & 18th. PM me for directions if you're interested.

Regards,
Kevin
PS: There will be lots of SPS, and some LPS/soft corals for sale/trade.

aLittletank
08/03/2002, 01:40 AM
I am definatly going to be there kevin and although I live near by I will bring a bag in case the beer/ storys are too fun to leave. :D
with this weather All I need is a grass patch in the back yard ;)

my tank is too new to swap anything however I am definatly in the market to buy LPS, softies and rare SPS. so bring along your extras :)

this will be my first club meeting. I cant wait! :)

see ya all there
Allen

MtnDewMan
08/08/2002, 08:27 PM
Kevin,

Just sent an evite out to spread the word again ... I will bring at least two clippings for you ... the ones you indicated to me ... they may be small but hey, they will grow for you I am sure :) Were there any others you wanted?

Save some unique stuff for me will ya???? Don't give out the primo stuff without my permission :smokin:

kevinpo
08/12/2002, 07:00 PM
Chuck,
Not to worry. I haven't made any frags for at least 2 months. I have enough for every member in the club to go home with something. Believe me with the small number of people expected (20) you would have to buy a bigger tank on the way home if you took everything you wanted :D :D

Regards,
Kevin

Mushroom Boy
08/13/2002, 10:32 AM
Hey Kevin,

What kind of LPS are you going to have for sale/trade?

kevinpo
08/13/2002, 11:37 AM
Paul,
Just a few:
Candy Cane (Caulastrea furcata)
Torch coral (Euphyllia glabrescens)
Hammer coral (Euphyllia ancora)

Regards,
Kevin
PS: These are all corals I've had for 4-5 years.

Mushroom Boy
08/13/2002, 11:51 AM
Hey Kevin,

Can you email me pix of the 2 Euphyllia that you've got available? I may have to get Chuck to pick them up for me. How large are they? Drop me a line npem@airborne.com. Thanks!

Paul.

kevinpo
08/13/2002, 03:35 PM
YGM! :)

Kevin

gas4544
08/13/2002, 04:52 PM
That's allot of frags. I may have to change my weekend plans and tag along with Chuck. :) I will not have the new tank up and running in time for SPS frags, but I suppose that I could keep them in my nano tank under a 150W 10KK HQI pendant I have laying around. I have been planning to upgrade one of my ten-gallon nano's to a 20-gallon anyway and using the HQI pendant.

MtnDewMan
08/13/2002, 08:24 PM
Gary,

Let me know if you are serious about heading out there, I have room if you want to tag along with me. If so we can work out the details.

gas4544
08/14/2002, 11:17 AM
Chuck,
Thanks for the offer for a seat - I did not mean to assume that I could just claim a seat in your vehicle. I figured we had some sort of mini convoy heading east. How many are going from Puget Sound?

MtnDewMan
08/14/2002, 11:28 AM
Gary,

I currently have no riders, I am on my own since Paul can't make it. I am unsure how many puget sounders there are, Kevin says around 6 to 8 or so ...

I plan on leaving around 10am on Saturday from my house, stay the night there and probably hit the road early in the morning (like 8amish).

MtnDewMan
08/18/2002, 12:42 PM
Kevin,

Thank you for hosting the BBQ yesterday. I had a great time seeing your tank. It truly is amazing. I am just about to mount the two loose frags you gave me :) Hmmm, where to put them is the big question. Hope they ones you got from me do well, I am sure they will.

Thanks again for having us, sorry there wasn't more of a turnout from the coast contingency ...

skylsdale
08/19/2002, 01:09 AM
If I currently had a tank I would've been there. Regardless, I hope everyone had a good time and that the frags do well and thrive.;)