PDA

View Full Version : Trades for Meeting @ Kennerd's

Fazm79
07/24/2002, 12:48 PM
Ok I guess I'll start

I have a bunch of caulerpa and xenia. Also brown/orange polyps and some shrooms (mostly brown, green, and green/blue).

Looking for SPS, Pom Pom Xenia, and anything interesting!

- Faisal

jimroth
07/25/2002, 05:48 PM
Not bringing too much this time, didn't get anything mounted.
I am bringing a sick-looking bubble coral that seems to be reacting to the softies in my tank. Not receeding, just droopy. For LPS/SPS tanks only. Includes free aiptasia.

A. Formosa frags
Orange montipora digitata
Caribbean Umbrella Polyps <i>Carlgrenni</i>

Xenia loose and by request only.

miktrav
07/25/2002, 06:02 PM
I'm bringing a small frag of brown button polyp.

Mike

kennerd
07/26/2002, 12:40 PM
I've got some small ricorida, mounted & unmounted, anthelia polyps that can be sliced off the glass by request, and I could frag some orange, green or possibly pink monti digitata.

Can also snip off some of three of my various finger leathers, if anyone wants.

I also have an arrow crab that is getting far too large for my 7 gal cube. Anyone who wants him, toss me a frag. I'd prefer that he comes out of the tank, as I was thinking of taking MadDrama's mantis shrimp for the tank.

Nagel
07/26/2002, 07:21 PM
Yellow Devil's Hand leather - I can clip off a few nice frags

Anthelia by the pound

A Ricordia mushroom or two (greenish), unmounted (well, attached to some gravel)

Kenya Tree Frags - 3 mounted ones available

Green Star Polyps - two colors of green

a Tan Montipora Capricornis frag I just accidentally made tonight

A Giant Green Hairy Mushroom (attached to CC)

Reddish Colt Coral - I can snip a few branches off this big momma too

Green Brillo Pad macro algea. This stuff grows FAST

LOOKING FOR

Interesting softies and polyps, LPS. Not in the market for SPS now as I will be setting up a new tank and moving my existing tanks very soon.

I also have some (a dozen or so) 3-4 month old Baby Bangaii Cardinals that are eating frozen mysis and brine, but the trade has to be good. I get $20 credit at the LFS for one of these guys, and cannot part with them for your average frag. (I trade 2 in to get one Ocean Rider Seahorse, if the trade isn't "worth" it, I'd rather wait and trade for ponys) These babys were born and raised right here in my tank :)

Nagel
07/27/2002, 06:32 AM
Oh yeah,

Forgot to mention this one.

BLUE BUTTON POLYPS - REALLY bright teal / aqua blue. The RARE guys!

Not ready yet, but I'm curious who would be interested, so I know how many frags to make. I only have a dozen or so now, I brought them back from my honeymoon in FL. These are from GregT's tank, and he is caring for them for Agu. Great lineage there!

Let me know, and as they grow, first come, first served. They aren't fast growers though... so....

kennerd
07/27/2002, 10:16 AM
OK, haven't heard back from anyone else regarding guests, so the attendance list for tomorrow stands as:

Rovert
Spykey
jimroth
miketrav
nagel (+1)
borecki
fazm79
radiata
Scott Greenspan
Me & my wife Kimberly
Possibly a local friend switching from ciclids to FO or reef

Given the number of people, we have enough chairs, so no one needs to bring any with them. Plenty of room indoors, if the weather is less than cooperative. No problem bringing extra folks/guests, just give a holler on your way out the door tomorrow.

I have 6 racks of baby backs going on the grill @ 9:00AM, and will have slaw, mixed green salad, chips, salsa.

See you tomorrow!

Ken

kennerd
07/27/2002, 10:26 AM
Nagel:
Interested in a nice-sized Yellow Devil's Hand leather and a small red colt frag for my 7 gal I have a bunch of different types of polyps, so take a look when you get here & I can work on fragging some for next meeting. Of course, you can se what else I have, too.

Faisal: could use some caluperpa for my eco: small handfull of your fast growing gunk.

Jim: a small A.formosa would be cool.

Ken

Fazm79
07/27/2002, 10:28 AM
Ken you got it!

Nagel
07/27/2002, 10:59 AM
Originally posted by kennerd
Nagel:
Interested in a nice-sized Yellow Devil's Hand leather and a small red colt frag for my 7 gal I have a bunch of different types of polyps, so take a look when you get here & I can work on fragging some for next meeting. Of course, you can se what else I have, too.

Sure thing buddy. Both will be fresh clips, so you will have to mount them, but that's not that hard with leathers in a small tank. I'm sure I can get you a nice frag from the devil's hand :) Love those unusual polyps, so I'm sure we can work something out.

Looking forward to it!

kennerd
07/27/2002, 12:48 PM
Good deal, fellas.

I've got about 4-5 different types of zoos, including a dusty blue/grey with orangy centers under the right lighting.

I also had a fantastic small colony of the blueberry blue polyps. Unfortunately, they contracted a bacterial infection either before or during shipping & wasted away in about two weeks. I only paid $10 & it was about 2.5" in diameter, 40 polyps or so. I can get them from a fellow in Miami. He doesn't get the darker blues that often, but does get aquas quite often.

I do have pictures of them, though.

Ken

jimroth
07/27/2002, 05:49 PM
Originally posted by kennerd

Jim: a small A.formosa would be cool.

Ken

No problem, I'll be bringing several. Plus a bunch of orange monti. I smashed the heck out of the monti trying to get the A. formosa.

I'll whip up some cornbread if there's time.
And coleslaw, I'm bringing some really good coleslaw.

BORECKI
07/27/2002, 09:31 PM
Faisel ; I will bring you a frag of arcopora and some fast growing calerpa in exchange for some of your polips.

I need to cull some limpets so I'll bring in some for anybody that wants them. I will also bring in some peanut worms & bristle worms in some LS. I will also try to get some ministars in a brown sponge.
Kennard ; I would like a piece of your Anthelia, What could I give you?
Boris.