PDA

View Full Version : Hola: New Here

snowslide
07/23/2002, 09:07 PM
I wanted to start off by saying hi. Thanks for the link to your website, it looks great! Though *cough* the events calendar needs to be updated a bit. ;)

I am gonna get my dues sent in to join the crew. I really look forward to the interaction with fellow aquarists!

Now for the question that I have been just dying to ask someone ever since I have started in saltwater 2 months ago.... Can I get a suggestion for a good LFS in OKC? :)

My friend that got me started up here in Stillwater (which I need to convert into this crew as well!) recommended Reef Shop. And although I have made it down there twice, I have notice it has its ups and downs....

Basically, the next time I make it down to the city, I am lookin' specifically for:

Nerite Snails (or any other great detrivores)
Feather Duster
Any low/moderate light corals (Since I am runnin' NOs).
Preferably Green Star polyps and/or any other corals that you
guys would recommend!!!

Basically, all we currently have coral wise is a frag of a leather donated to us. And although its fun to watch, its quite lonely in our 55 gallon tank. :(

Thanks for your help! And thanks for the warm welcome!

DrkShadow
07/23/2002, 09:10 PM
Welcome Snowslide!

Tks for the comments on the site.. Yea the events need to be updated. Right now the only events are the monthly meetings.

I've only been to 3 different LFS stores here that carry SW aquaria, since I saw some of the stores in Dallas, it's hard to compare to what's here. If you do go to the Reef Shop, they do get new stuff in usually on Wednesdays, that's a great time to catch any prime pickings before there sold.

Hope to see you at the next meeting.

OscarBeast
07/24/2002, 12:24 PM
Hey, I am from Stillwater as well.

:p

I am getting ready to move at the end of this month though. :( Too bad cause we could have saved a little gas.

Cya around!

snowslide
07/24/2002, 05:16 PM
Yeah, I was hoping you worked at the same place that I did because the occupation that you have listed sounds an AWEFUL lot like what I do... but apparently not. :( I did a search for your name, and you weren't in the database. I didn't know Stillwater had any real computer places besides Creative Labs.

Hate to hear you are moving, would definitely enjoy makin' the meetings with you. Are you headed to OKC, or moving away?

Hope the first... from the looks of your tank, I could really learn a lot from you about reefin'!!!! Exactly where I want my tank to end up... just gettin' there is the trick. :D

snowslide
07/25/2002, 04:12 PM
Another suggetion for the COMAS website. Under the listed members, could you possibly add a section to include RC handle names? Just would make it that much easier for us newbies to learn who everone is. :D

Don Davis
07/25/2002, 07:43 PM
Good suggestion. That shouldn't be a problem.

Don

OscarBeast
07/26/2002, 04:16 AM
I work at OSU for the College of Arts and Sciences. Somebody has to keep all of their computers running. I tried to drop you an email through ReefCentral and through my OSU email. The OSU email got returned and undeliverable...

Anyway, I am moving out to Tulsa because my wife took a job there. I will still be in Stillwater a lot, but not living here.

I don't really know how much you can learn from me though. I am fairly new to reef tanks. :P Don't worry though; you can learn a lot from the other guys and gals. :P

snowslide
07/26/2002, 09:59 AM
I think your tank speaks for itself! If I could get my tank to look half as good as yours, I would be happy!!!

Your a lucky bum! To get to move to Tulsa that is. I have always wanted to find work there so I could move back. Unfortunately, I believe OKC is the place that is calling me. =( The only good news about that is I found this great society that mostly resides there. ;)

snowslide
07/26/2002, 10:06 AM
Got another suggestion for you. Is there anyway that you can post an announcement like that global propogation one in our box that just hangs at the top of the threads? If so, it would be nice if you could make a reference to the COMAS website there, so that people browsing this area in RC can take a peak at it.