PDA

View Full Version : 15g Website is finally up!

denkigroove
07/23/2002, 05:14 PM
Hey guys,
I finally got my "temporary" site going for now:
http://www.nano-reef.com/denkigroove/

This is until my main site: www.electrocoral.com gets going next month. You gonna need flash player to view the site navigation bar. I got pics, info, and finally my DIY section going since everyone is interested in how some of my projects are done. This is just a taste of how my main electrocoral site will look in the future. I'm still adding and restructuring as I go learning new web tools, so feel free to comment on the site, thanks!

yrureefing
07/23/2002, 05:23 PM
When I asked for an update I wasn't expecting a website. Awsome tank.

cwbroden
07/24/2002, 02:43 PM
Really nice..... amazing how nano tanks have progressed.

Chris

denkigroove
08/03/2002, 04:09 AM
Updated the DIY sections page. Now contains DIY on 10g, 15g, and 90g.
http://www.nano-reef.com/denkigroove/

mbarta
08/03/2002, 09:26 AM
I have been thinking about a nano at work since I spend most of my day there :(

I think you might have pushed me over the edge.

Nice website....and great pics.

Michael

The Unit
08/04/2002, 07:26 PM
can u tell me how u did the overflow and the cost of it...i LOVE the tank......the water is so clear and the MH looks so good.....great job...

denkigroove
08/05/2002, 02:35 AM
You can check the DIY section of the page for pics. Well I had to use a 15g tank b/c the 10g glass is too thin and might crack when drilled. I brought it to the lfs and drilled the back. You have the option of drilling on the bottom (only if its not tempered glass).

I ordered 2 sheets of 1/8" 12"x12" blue acrylic from USplastics.com for $2/sheet. I'm not a pro with acrylic and with the limited tools I had onhand, I had to "rig" up my overflow. So to bend it, I put it over an electric stove. Be careful not to leave it too long or it will scorch the plastic (thats y I was on my second one haha). When the acrylic is heated and started to warp, I just stuck it under a board to bend the sheet in half evenly.

Didn't have a dremel tool to cut the slits on top of the overflow so had to emprovise again. I cut a piece of eggcrate and cemented it to the to the top of the overflow. Then I siliconed the overflow to the tank making sure all sides were sealed clean and secure. Try to use tape to keep the silicon line clean. The back was painted blue to match the acrylic.

Well this pretty much sums up how I did the overflow. The total cost was:
2- sheets blue acrylic $4
1- tube aquarium silicon $5
1- service fee to drill hole $5

Total cost = $14