PDA

View Full Version : Powder Blue

01/06/2007, 01:31 PM
I picked up a replcement from scales and tails in Stevens Point. A nice healthy powder blue. Just as nice as the other...actually I will say a lttle nicer. The tanks there had some nuissance algae in them otherwise the livestock was healthy and the fish, snails and shrimp were reasonably priced.

I will put some pics up in a few days once he is used to the tank.

Barky
01/06/2007, 04:26 PM
how is that store for its live animals? price? and stock. I have not been their for a long time. IS this the place in the mall or am I thinking of the wrong plase. Glad to here you have your show fish in your tank. They are a fantastic fish to own.
I have to get going on my built in pretty cramped for everything, I feel bad for the live stock.
Can't wait to see pictures,
Where are you haveing your buck mounted at?

01/06/2007, 05:42 PM
They were pretty limited on stock, but what was there looked very very healthy. I would not hesitate to buy from them again. They had turbos, pepermint shrimp and some nice liverock. I thought they were inline with their pricing. Of course they said they would custom order anything I wanted. They are right off division street across from taco bell by the main uw-point dorms.

I am having both 8's mounted this year. Big one went to Superior Taxidermy and the rifle one went to Denny's Taxidermy.

sarduci
01/06/2007, 06:43 PM
Park on the side of the building by the video store if you're going there, it's on the left end of the building and you really can't see it from the street without driving into the parking lot.

t5Nitro
01/06/2007, 08:00 PM
Nice, congrats on the new one. When my new 125 gets up and running with full rock and filtration, I'm going to try an achilles.

Pike614
01/06/2007, 09:44 PM
Got an amazing Mandarin from Scales and Tails, very good pricing, actually cheaper that Fosters not including shipping. He was very healthy, wish they had a better selection and got new stuff regularly. ONly a few corals for sale, overpriced though on the corals.

Barky
01/06/2007, 10:40 PM
never knew they were in that location. will have to stop in some time

01/06/2007, 11:39 PM
Right by the old country market now the uw book store.