PDA

View Full Version : ID Please! brown growth

wiszmaster
01/03/2007, 12:01 AM
Can someone assit in IDingthis growth, please.

http://marcoprechel.com/gallery2/d/13407-2/brown2.jpg

and those red little 'scales' seem to be flatworms?! they have been eatng at the brown growth ... but it regrows fast ..

keinreis
01/03/2007, 08:20 AM
Honestlty I would try some of the flat worm exit stuff. you added a mandrin for removal, because they are rumored to sometimes eat them, but you have them bad. most would not recomend adding a mandrin in a tank as new as yours, as the pod population is still developing.

as far as removal of hydroids. I have no answer, but I would not add any fish rumored to eat them as your bioload is goint to get crazy if you ad a new fish to solve a problem everytime one comes up. I say remove hydroiod effected rock, cook it, and use flat exit and STOP BUYING FISH!

ConcreteReefer
01/03/2007, 10:57 AM
Looks like you have some zoo's on that Rock. If you don't want to "cook" the rock and don't mind adding a small fish, Why not buy a Six-line Wrasse?

Personally, I don't like adding unnecessary Chemicals to my Tank. It might take a little more time for the fish to knock down your Flatworm population, but you will never have to worry about an outbreak again.

ConcreteReefer
01/03/2007, 11:08 AM
You already have a Mandarin?? Crap, Don't get the Six-line then.

jdhuyvetter
01/03/2007, 02:00 PM
My 300 had a pretty heavy infestation of flatworms. I did 3 treatments of flatworm exit (every other week, with a 30 gallon water change). No more flatworms. Haven't seen any for about 6 months. Unless of course you count the colony that was in my frag tank and ended up in my angel tank. Still none in the big tank.

I also have a mandarin and a six line.

wiszmaster
01/03/2007, 02:08 PM
all good things come in 2, right? ... i think i'll start with the flatworm issue first ... maybe this weekend ... and then next weekend work a little on the hydroid issue ....

mduvall219
01/03/2007, 10:14 PM
wow that is a lot of worms.
good luck with that one