PDA

View Full Version : Fish for my nano.

chopper
07/19/2002, 06:48 PM
I've got a 9 gallon nano but it runs nearer 5-6 gallons with the rock and DSB. Its running well and has been for a few weeks.
It has a sponge pre-filter to a rear overflow with three small mangroves growing in the small sump.

I only intend to grow softies in there, just thought I should mention this in case it makes a difference to what fish I could stock.

So my question is what fish can I have in my new baby?

I don't want a clown as I cant seem to get on with them so what options do I have?

At the moment I do have a very small yellow spotted box fish (about the size of a sugar puff) in the tank but he will be gone in a couple of months as I am just growing him out for my LFS, my new addition/s will not go into the reef until he is gone.

If you have any ideas please can you tell me the scientific name as well because we seem to have some different common names over here. :)

Djm9288
07/19/2002, 07:38 PM
sorry to be off the subject but can you tell me about your overflow? Im looking for one for my nano.
Thanks
' Daniel

chess_wizard
07/19/2002, 09:34 PM
cardnal fish are popular, clowns, any small damsels. Many gobies will also do well in small tanks.

BlAcK_PeRcUlA
07/20/2002, 03:56 PM
firefishare nice. do you have a cleaner shrimp? that would also be a nice addition
:bum:

Freckles
07/20/2002, 06:29 PM
I don't know if I recommend gobies ..... I had a small diamond goby that I had in my 125 & transfered to my 20g. He made a nice sand storm in the tank, so I decided to take him back. A cleaner shrimp, though, would be nice. I have 1 in mine, and he is cool. I have him, a blue damsel & a clown.

ChrisN8201
07/21/2002, 02:03 AM
I've got an arabian pseudochromis and a citron goby in my nano. Most of the smaller gobies like clowns, fire gobies and the like, blennies and pseudos, make good nano inhabitants.

PaulG
07/21/2002, 09:09 AM
Sounds like you've got an STM Micro-Reef:D

Anyway, how about an Orchid Dottyback - Pseudochromis Fridmani

Personally I've got a pair of Australian Perculas