PDA

View Full Version : Info your personal tanks

cfockler
07/19/2002, 12:07 PM
Eric,
Where can I find info and pictures of your personal tanks?

I'm also interested to hear if you culture your own phyto and zoo plankton. Which species do you culture and feed? How much of each type do you feed? (Knowing the size of the tanks and the occupants you are feeding would help put it into perspective also)

The DIY culture station in this months mag looks easy enough to put together. I just need more expert opinions on what to culture and how much to feed.

Thanks. You da man.

EricHugo
07/22/2002, 08:59 AM
http://www.reefcentral.com/members/erichugo/pics

Those are old already, and I had a serious tank wipe out last year while on travels. I should update everything, but haven't. I am not currently culturing and foods because of lack of time, though I have and do culture Artemia, rotifers, and various phytoplankton species. Right now, I am using DT's and Golden Pearls for live plankton or plankton susbstitutes, in addition to my refugium and normal food.

cfockler
07/23/2002, 08:50 AM
As great as all the travel and diving must be, I'm sure you get a little tired of it after awhile. I've been reading your "corals" book (don't remember the exact title) lately and am looking forward to buying my first cnidarians before too long. I've been admiring all the things that came on my Gulf-View live rock for the first 5 months I've had my tank. My wife finally made me get some fish to add to the tank. I prefer to watch the the rocks and learn about all the little things growing on it.

Sorry to hear about your losses. I find it humbling that even your tank setups are subject to big problems when you're away. The schematic looks great and with the refugium and grass tanks I would have guessed that your system would be much more stable.