PDA

View Full Version : 7/18 Meeting

berkeleyfishboi
07/19/2002, 02:01 AM
This was my first meet and it was a great meeting. I really like the Galaxia frag I got.

Anthony spoke to me about looking for UC Berkeley faculty that are involved in reef research and I have actually found a few. So if the club is interested, I could definitly try to get in contact with them and maybe have them serve as a guest lecturer. I'm sure it'll be more cost effective as they are just right here in the Bay area.

I look forward to the next meeting and joining.

Oh by the way, I think I found two bristle worms in the frag. I found a little red one. It looks like a red cocoworm color and I think it's a bristle worm b/c it had tons of bristle like arms and legs. I threw it out. I also found a black one but I had already put it into my tank. Are bristle worms bad?

Reefer Dude
07/19/2002, 09:43 AM
The old school thought process was that bristle worms were bad for the tank, but over the last couple of years bristle worms have been proven to be one of the best creatures, if not the best, for your cleanup crew. They consume a lot of the waste matter and left over food in your tank. Several of us who have ordered from IPSF pay money for them. You want them for your tank! Check out Dr. Ron forum and do some searches for brislte worms. I think there even a couple articles here on the subject. It makes for some interesting reading.

berkeleyfishboi
07/19/2002, 02:02 PM
Thanks. I wasn't going to try and take them out anyhow. Too lazy.