PDA

View Full Version : ... Ocean Environments ...

wiszmaster
12/29/2006, 12:00 AM
Lisafl purchased 4 fish from them on the weekend before christmas weekend.

2 x firefish (dartfish)
2 x clownfish

1 week later there is nothing left of 'em.

First off - Lisafl's water is good. I've tested it several times, always read well within parameters, same params i keep my tank at. my tank is well stocked with fish, and few corals.
Boardroom has tested lisafl's water multiple times, on numerous occasions.

Second - Firefish are known to be kept singly, unless a mated pair is being obtained.
Lisafl asked @ the store, as well as a supervising adult whom happens to be a novice - if these can be kept together ... she was advised sure .. maybe .. i guess ... nobody really knew, but they were happily sold as a pair to her.
During the drive home lisa noticed they were fighting already.

The first firefish died within 6 hours of taking it home - second was dead next morning.

The Clownfish:

Everything was happy for the first day - after that - no eat, swiming low, and always in the same spot.
Both clown looked thin, and both had scaring.
Lisa once again tested water herself, had myself test it, and took to boardroom to have tested - water fine.
both of her clowns died while in QT a few days ago.

While in a few different stors i've over heard multiple conversations about 'stories' of OE - most not very encouraging to visit said store. People purchasing fish that do not survive well, receiving bad advice, and clearly false advise at times ... again .. just things i've overheard .. no personal experience.

If lisa's water was really bad, please explain why below list are still alive - and has been since it was introduced - 12-14-06 weeks ago.

1 Highfin Shrimp Goby
1 Pistol shrimp
1 Green Emerald crab
1 Red Emerald crab
10 snails
1 Sand Sifting Starfish
1 Cleaner shrimp
Multiple stock of Xenia
~50 polyps of differen kinds of zoanthids
Kenya Tree

Yes, lisa did acclimate - over a periode of ~ 1 hour.

Will Ocean Environments do something for lisafl? Feel free to contact me directly by PM, or lisafl. This was a christmas present for her - not much left.

coralfarmer84
12/29/2006, 12:33 AM
sounds like you should call the store and find out what they can do for you... that sucks man, did you try and contact them by phone before posting this message?.... I'm guessing from the tone of your message you already tried calling....

I feel I shouldn't even comment on this subject as I feel as a store owner that burning other stores is bad business... good luck and happy new year.

just remember man its an expensive hobby and sometimes saving a dollar here and there on a certain fish could end up costing you big time...

wiszmaster
12/29/2006, 08:08 AM
<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=8846995#post8846995 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by coralfarmer84
sounds like you should call the store and find out what they can do for you... that sucks man, did you try and contact them by phone before posting this message?.... I'm guessing from the tone of your message you already tried calling....

No, i have not - I'm not a frequent customer there ... i've actually NEVER purchased anything there before - lisafl has though.

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=8846995#post8846995 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by coralfarmer84
I feel I shouldn't even comment on this subject as I feel as a store owner that burning other stores is bad business... good luck and happy new year.

You're not burning anyone here - and i'm not trying to either ... just posting lisafl's experience - and seeing if anything will be done about it.

just remember man its an expensive hobby and sometimes saving a dollar here and there on a certain fish could end up costing you big time...

oh i know - i can deal with the hobby being expensive .. i've got a few $K into my tank ... as you do too i'm sure - but the lack of responsibility on the stores side for selling lisa 2 firefish etc..etc..

again - I'm not trying to burn OE here - just posting someones experience, and seeing if the store is willing to assist here.

ConcreteReefer
01/01/2007, 05:17 PM
That sucks. I guess thats another LFS that I'll never buy anything from.

lisaFL
01/02/2007, 10:10 AM
Yeah, it pretty much sucks. Not going there anymore, for sure.

TeresaQ
01/03/2007, 03:37 PM
Hi everyone. I have or say had always gone to OE. in the last 6 mo the store has gone down hill in my opinion. All thier employees are new and know nothing, and thier tanks have been pretty dirty. I dont know whats going on with them, but I wish they would clean up a little.