PDA

View Full Version : less shy in pairs

BlAcK_PeRcUlA
07/18/2002, 04:13 PM
I bought my skunk cleaner shrimp yesterday and it ate well at the shop. I bought it home and acclimated it slowly for 45 minutes. Since then it only stays in one spot under all my rocks and theonly way for me to feed it is to squit mysis with a turkey baster. It then grabs a piece. IS not natural for a new shrimp or will he always be like this. Should i introduce another one because i heard they're less shy in pairs?:confused:

Please help

Will
07/18/2002, 04:20 PM
should've acclimated more than 45 minutes, but... too late to worry about that. it's just getting used to your tank and it'll probably take a couple of days (maybe even a week or so) for it to come out into full view. you're probably scaring the heck out of it with that turkey baster. i garuntee you that no shrimp will starve itself unless it's physically or mentally gone. im sure that your shrimp comes out at night and feasts and since it ate in the store, it's probably fine. don't introduce another one. i had a single skunk shrimp for a few months and it was just as brave and bold singly as it is now with its partner. like i said before, just give it a couple of days and don't baby it with the feeding. it wont starve. just put the food out in the open and it'll eventually go get it. good luck
fourhand2

BlAcK_PeRcUlA
07/18/2002, 05:50 PM
thanks

BlAcK_PeRcUlA
07/19/2002, 03:55 PM
I guess it was just getting used to the new conditions because it came out last night.

BlAcK_PeRcUlA
07/19/2002, 08:40 PM
why was i moved to this forum? this has nothing to do with seahorses. It was in dr. ron's before