PDA

View Full Version : Thanks Gusty

dsb1829
07/18/2002, 11:27 AM
Hey guys,
Just thought it would be a good time to thank Gusty for stepping up and getting the meeting set this month. I know that it is a bit of stress and also above the call for non-board members to tie down meeting details.

I am not sure if I will be able to make our meeting tonight. I had planned to head up, but I am not sure I can get out of work early enough to make the drive. Also have to talk the boss into letting me go hear Rob Toonen at Seabay on Saturday. So I wanted to post a thank you in advance.

We appear to be in a lull right now as far as leadership. This is kind of a bummer because our membership is still growing strong. I would like to see the club continue to grow in members and experience, but don't see that happening if we don't get a leader. Really makes me appreciate the time and effort that Matt put into the club. I don't really have too much to say here, more of a peice of mind. I would be up to the task, but living in Santa Cruz with a new child I don't think that I can donate the attention needed to the job. What do you guys think?

Tenner
07/18/2002, 11:55 AM
Doug,

I appreciate your comments, and yes a big thanks goes to Gusty for taking the initative and pulling together a meeting. Lets all try and support him.

As far as the club leadership goes, I think we've learned some good things from the past two-plus years. The main item is we need more folks involved to help run the club. It puts too much responsibility on one persons shoulders without extra help.

It doesn't require a lot of time, it just needs to be time the club can count on. If anyone has any interest please let Paul or myself know so we can build the team to keep the club going.

You don't have to be a Reef/Fish expert to help with the club, we just need folks that can dedicate some time to organization, communication and setup..etc.

Thanks, and thanks again Gusty.
Matthew