PDA

View Full Version : Got me a Bimac!

Kevomac
07/17/2002, 10:59 AM
After months of waiting, I went to a LFS that I had not been to in a while, and much to my shock, they had what I believe is a small bimac. He's mostly brown with brilliant blue eyespots just below his eyes. They said they had had him for about a month and her was eating well. When I fist released him he attachec to the back wall of my 120 and looked up at me. I tried offering him a piece of shrimp (gulf white shrimp from the grocery store) by hand, but he took it and dropped it (green serpent stars made quick work of it). Instead, he latched on to my finger and held onto me for a few seconds before he let go and went back to hanging out.

I put two pieces of PVC, one elbow and one p-trap, in the bottom of the tank and partially buried them in the crushed aragonite. I have a large decorative (fake) blue coral in the tank as well as a few small pieces of LR, where one of my green stars hides. The bimac has checked out the rocks and found he could get under them, but mostly he sits on the back glass behind some plastic plants I have in the tank. My wife and I are thrilled to have him. I will post pics as soon as I can get a clear shot of him.

Rudiger
07/17/2002, 05:57 PM
Sounds great, good luck with him! or her.

cephalopoder
07/17/2002, 06:29 PM
Bimacs allways hang on the back wall when you first get them for some reason. I am not sure why.
It only gets better from here hehe.
Pat whats going on with your tank?

Rudiger
07/17/2002, 08:42 PM
Chris I've been at a summer program in concord for the past 4 weeks, still have one more to go. Who knows how my tank is doing. Actually I was home two weeks ago and it looks good. My dad has been keeping the light hours really low so algae hasn't taken over. I only have three fish in there now to keep the bio load, when I get home ill load it with that fritz zyme and buy an octo from fishsupply i think. Any suggestions?

cephalopoder
07/17/2002, 09:50 PM
Sounds great Pat. Jack will take good care of you. You like your skimmer?

Rudiger
07/18/2002, 09:04 PM
yeah its workin well in combo with my little sump/refuge thing. It doesn't pull out a large amount of junk, but then again i only have three fish.